NTC's $9 COMPUTER : First units are being shipped!
Next Thing Co. 's super-cheap computer development project, C.H.I.P-Computer Hardware In Products, is ready to gear up the market and has been distributed to early backers. The crowd-funded project, bringing this LINUX-powered computer chip has overstepped the pledged goal of $50000 by $2 Million dollars.
Initially appearing as a never-ending project, it was backed by "kickstarter" crowd-funding corporation and now first units are being shipped.
The CHIP project marks its unique selling with its cheap price and feature richness as a fully functioning computer.
Although $9 does not include hardwares like monitor or input device, but there is a lot $9 can buy you :
- 1GHz Allwinner SoC with Built-in Mali400 GPU compatible with OpenGLES & OpenVG.
- 512MB of DDR3 RAM.
- 4GB of Flash Storage.
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi.
- Bluetooth 4.0.
The CHIP's output front features :
- One USB Port.
- Micro USB supporting OTG.
- Video Output with options for VGA and HDMI via an adapter.
- Headphones output.
- Microphone input.
On a whole, the Chip powers you with:
- Support to LibreOffice
- Compatibility with Chromium Browser.
- whole host of games and programs to teach programming.
- Options for an external Battery.
- a 4.3 inch touchscreen.
- VLC-Media player to play audios or videos.
Amazingly, this highly-functional, cheap and portable computer is just $9 away from you!