THC-HYDRA UPDATED - A FASTER 8.1 VERSION RELEASED!
THC Hydra is often a tool of choice when you aim to crack a remote authentication service. Rapid dictionary attacks to brute force crack the security holes : the security passwords is what Hydra is known to endeavor. Now, that too with fast and easy to inculcate modules provided in a new version: version 8.1.
THC-hydra is known to perform against more than 30 protocols, namely :
- Linux ,Windows/Cygwin,
- Solaris 11, FreeBSD 8.1 and OSX,
- Cisco AAA, Cisco auth, Cisco enable,
- CVS, Firebird,
- HTTP-FORM-GET, HTTP-FORM-POST, HTTP-GET, HTTP-HEAD, HTTP-PROXY.
- ICQ, IMAP, IRC, LDAP, MS-SQL, MYSQL, NCP, NNTP,
- Oracle Listener, Oracle SID, Oracle, PC-Anywhere,
- PNFS, POP3, POSTGRES,
- RDP, Rexec, Rlogin, Rsh,
- SAP/R3, SIP, SMB,
- SMTP, SMTP Enum, SNMP,
- SOCKS5, SSH (v1 and v2),
- Subversion, Teamspeak (TS2),
- Telnet, VMware-Auth,
- VNC and XMPP.
New amendments :
Development shifted to https://github.com/vanhauser-thc/thc-hydra ;a public github repository.
A patch allowing h/H header options for http-forms-* added (credits to Ander Juaristi).
Cracked login:password combinations, now printed with hostname or IP and not always with IP.
Enrichment of -M for better and more target distribution.
Enhanced -M to support ports,colon(:) addition in “host:port” ; “[ipv6ipaddress]:port” in case of ipv6.
Cisco-enabled in case of usage of initial Login/password (credits to Joswrite for reporting).
Patch-addition allowing better MySQL compilation and an android file and Makefile (credits to tux-mind).
Inclusion of xhydra gtk patches supporting -h, -U, -f , -F,-q and -e r options (credits to Petar Kaleychev).
For better identification of server errors and auth failures, a patch for teamspeak has been added (credits to Petar Kaleychev).
Rectification of cisco module crash (credits to Anatoly mamaev for reporting).
HTTP form module remedied for redirection of pages where S=string match wouldn’t work.
Configure updated to detect subversion packages on current Cygwin.
Applied Limitations to avoid lofty and deleterious input files for -L, -P, -C, and -M.
RDP module remedied to support the port options (credits to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Supported Platforms :
- All UNIX platforms (linux, *bsd, solaris, etc.);
- Mac OS/X;
- Windows with Cygwin (both IPv4 and IPv6);
- Linux, Mac OS/X or QNX-based mobile systems (e.g. Android, iPhone, Blackberry 10, Zaurus, iPaq).
- Start by typing in:
Installation,configuration and compilation of HYDRA incurs.
- In case you want the ssh module, you need to have libssh on your system. You may obtain it from http://www.libssh.org (pay attention that you need to get libssh , not libssh2).
- Add "-DWITH_SSH1=On" option in the cmake command line for ssh v1 support.
- For Ubuntu/Debian users, to install supplementary libraries :
apt-get install libssl-dev libssh-dev libidn11-dev libpcre3-dev \
libgtk2.0-dev libmysqlclient-dev libpq-dev libsvn-dev \
All optional modules and features with the exception of Oracle, SAP R/3 and the apple filing protocol are enabled.
- Linux derivatives and BSD based systems may use the software installer to look for the similar named libraries in the command written above.
- In all other cases, you will have to manually compile all libraries’ sources after downloading..